Tuesday, December 8, 2015

TAT-2016 Post 14 – Tuesday 8 Dec 2015


Cast removed two weeks ago and I’ve been doing rehab exercises every day. Hand is still weak but getting stronger. This past Saturday I rode my mountain bike for 13 miles (on paved trails) then road the CRF for 35 miles (4 miles on dirt and a little mud). My left hand started getting sore working the clutch so had to cut the ride short. I rode another 9 miles on the mountain bike on Sunday. Good to get back on the trail and road.









This CRF ride was the first time I got to try out my new mirrors and seat. The mirrors are great and rock steady. Because they stick out more than the stock mirrors I can see behind on both sides for the first time plus they can be folded out of the way while in the brush. The seat is so sweet! I can definitely tell the difference from the brick hard stock seat. Looking forward to my next long ride.

The big news this post is that I eliminated my ugly tail light/rear fender extension/ license plate holder. I replaced it with an LED unit from DRC Hard Ware that I purchased from CRF’s Only. It made the bike’s rear fender look so much more streamlined while increasing my visibility to all those Cagers. The single LED light also replaces the rear turn lights with a neat scrolling light. I’ve included pictures of all the garbage I took off the bike and the final LED light installation. I’ve also posted a GoPro video for the first time of the lights operation.








Finally, I want to take this opportunity to repeat something I stated in my very first Post. I recently got a comment from someone that has been reading my posts that I’m too wordy. You are absolutely correct. I write these posts to document an adventure in my life for my kids, family and close friends. It appears to be of interest to some others since I’ve gotten almost 170,000 views and climbing steadily.  My response to being too wordy is please stop reading my posts and go do an adventure for yourself. I read many other blogs and get a lot of pointers and trip ideas from those other adventure riders. Sad to say that this adventure is just starting so I expect to be too wordy a lot in the future.

That’s all for now. Hope to ride again this weekend.

1 comment: