Monday, March 21, 2016

TAT-2016 Post 29 – Monday, 21 March 2016 (TAT Day-5)


Day 5 rode direct to Southaven, MS. 149 miles. When we left the motel in Waynesboro, TN this morning there was frost on our bike covers. We all dressed for the cold and started out around 1100. This section was ostly on four lane highway with some two lane.  Arrived motel around 2:39 pm. Steve decided to continue on to Little Rock and got home around 6:30 pm. The rest of us went to Longhorn Steakhouse and ate dinner plus drank Marker Bourbon till around 9

Only event today was as we pulled off the highway 25 miles from Southaven , MS to take a break I dropped my bike. I had just advised Woodrow to be careful on this uneven surface to park his bike so as not to drop it and I did exactly that. It actually landed on my foot and I was unable to get my foot out so I needed three guys to lift the bike up so I could pull my foot free. No injuries but very embarrassing. Having the bikes loaded with gear high above the seats make them very top heavy as proven by this incident.

Tomorrow we are riding to Helana , AR to pick up the TAT route to Hazen, AR. Should be around 200 miles tomorrow to home. When we arrive home we will have ridden 1400 miles from the East coast to Arkansas. We will go back to Tenn and MS the catch those sections of he TAT in the next couple of months.

I will provide a summary of key events and Lat/Long of important events when I get home tomorrow.











6 comments:

  1. BTW this was day 6. Sorry for confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! I know what it's like. The days seem to run together and all time is lost. Don't even know what day it is. Be careful out there. Enjoying your posts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, done that, bought the Tee Shirt Glad you weren't injured. I am enjoying the report. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I agree about time. I don't know what day it is now for sure but looking forward to getting on the bike again and riding a new section of the TAT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey guys, I am enjoying reading your blog since we are planning to do the TAT in 2017. Since we will be over from germany, we need to plan a little ahead ;-)
    Could you perhaps also cover how the bikes a copeing, what modifications you have or wish you had done?
    thank you and best of luck on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be putting together a summary of all that in the next couple of days. It will include bike performance, problems, road closures, cost$, what I would do differently, etc. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete